June 16, 2010

Another Update

It seems like all I'm doing these days is playing catch-up and it's no different with our family blog. Between family, church and work we seem to stay pretty busy. Here's a few of the latest tidbits from the Sketoe crew.
Probably the most important news is that, Lord willing, shortly before Christmas we'll be expanding our brood by one more! That's right, we're expecting our third blessing on or around December 8th. Gracie and Lexie are so excited. They touch and kiss and talk to my belly all the time. Oh, and they are convinced it's a boy which of course would please John, but we both know we'll be happy with whatever God has in store for us!!
We just returned from NLC Family Camp. We stayed at MarVal Family Resort in Gore, OK with 84 other New Life Church families and had an amazing time of, well, just time! For the majority of our stay we did not have cell reception and wifi was spotty so it was a great time of riding bikes and swimming and basically just being together with few distractions!
Gracie had her first dance recital at the end of May. Lexie will get to start dance in the fall so we'll have two little ballerinas in the house.
At the beginning of May I began working a reduced schedule at work so I can leave early each day to be able to pick the girls up. Now, instead of being home at 6:30 and beginning the mad dash to bedtime, I am arriving home with kids around 3:15. It has done wonders for our family for me to be home more. There is so much less stress and rushing around and we are all enjoying that. We praise God for Him allowing us this blessing!!!
Gracie also begins kindergarten this fall. We've looked at the schedule and she can tell you to the day when school starts and what school she is attending. She is so excited! We're very excited for her, b/c she is such a smart little girl. Now this doesn't mean I'm not gonna ball like a baby when she puts that backpack on and heads into school that first day, but I'm content knowing she is looking forward to it!
I think that's the highlights for now. Hopefully it won't be another 2 months before I post again, but no promises ;o)

1 comment:

Erica said...

Congrats on the reduced work schedule! I know you are excited!