I have some sad news to share. My Grandma Max passed away Thursday, September 27, 2007. She was something else! She was Grandma Max or Aunt Mac to everyone, even those who weren't related to her! She was one of the best cooks ever and she loved to go and do. Mind you she never held a valid driver's license in all her 89 years! One of her sons attempted to teach her to drive about 20 years ago, but after that near death encounter, Grandma Max was content to drive the riding lawn mower around the community where she lived.
It was nothing out of the ordinary to wake up in the morning to find her in our kitchen or living room folding laundry or just sitting quietly, because, of course, she had no idea how to operate the TV!
It's these precious memories I will cherish and share with my daughters as they grow so they will always know what a wonderful great-grandmother they had!
Good Bye for now Grandma Max. I can't wait to see you again!
I wanted to share this excerpt from her obituary. My dad, her oldest son, wrote this about his Mom.
Growing up on a farm in Pleasant Valley during the depression and war years, Maxine was taught the traditional values by her parents which she passed on to her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was a proud member of what society now terms “The Greatest Generation.” Most, if not all, people of that era felt that they were only doing their job and duty during a time of crisis. She viewed life simply…have God as the center of your life, do your job to the best of your ability and love and care for your family and friends. We rejoice in her Christian life and eagerly await our reunion in Heaven.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. She sounds like she was a great lady. I can only imagine what she is seeing in heaven right now:)
I will miss Grandma Max and the hugs!
Erica
I will miss Grandma Max. She will always hold a special place in my heart as my grandmother's name is Maxine as well. She and I talked about that many times. She was a neat lady!
Prayers to you and your family during this time. Sounds like she was a wonderful woman with a perfect outlook on life. I'm sure she'll be dearly missed.
Post a Comment